This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no cost to you. As always, I only recommend links I personally use and love!
Learn How to Do Weight Watchers Freestyle for FREE!
It’s time to recognize the fact that you are now living in a world where food is everywhere, it’s in every ad, it’s on every menu and it’s in every magazine. It’s hard knowing how to eat healthy when the world is constantly pushing unhealthy food towards you. This means that we have to be extra careful when it comes to what we put in our mouth. If you have found yourself struggling to lose weight, this blog post will help you find your way back to a healthy life!
Many of you have been asking for a post updated with How to do the new Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan for free so here it is! If you want to see the original post on how to do weight watchers (points plus) for free you can view it here.
Weight Watchers Freestyle is the newest program from Weight watchers. The core of the program is the same, they have just updated the Zero points foods list and added “rollovers”
Weight watchers does work if you follow the directions and it’s much easier than counting calories. On average you should expect to lose about 2lbs a week, although many people lose more. (I lost 4lbs my first week!)
Ready to get started? Here’s how:
Figure out your daily point allowance (Smart Points System)
- Everyone is allowed a certain number of points per day. Use this Smart Points allowable calculator to determine how many points you get per day. This is accurate and the same as what you would use if on the paid program.
- You can roll over up to 4 points a day to your weekly budget. So say your allowed 25 points a day but you only eat 20 one day… you can roll over 4 of your unused points to another day. That’s great for a splurge on a different day or an unexpected meal out.
Calculate the Points in your food
- Now that you know how many Weight Watchers points you can eat each day, you need to be able to calculate how many Weight Watchers points are in the food you are eating.
- Use this online calculator (smart points) by entering the info off the nutrition label on your food. (FREE)
- You can also download an app that actually allows you to scan the labels to get the points value. It costs a couple bucks but worth it. This is the one I use.
- You can also buy a points calculator on Amazon like the ones available from Weight Watchers.
- Here is a free printable log sheet if you prefer to write it down.
What’s new with the Freestyle Program?
New to the program are 200+ zero Points® foods, that you don’t ever have to portion or track. Here is a complete list of zero point foods. You can eat them and you don’t have to track, weigh, or measure them!
Spend your personalized SmartPoints Budget on any food you like. With new rollovers, you can transfer extra SmartPoints to another day, keeping the program flexible and livable. Up to 4 unused daily SmartPoints can now roll over into your weekly SmartPoints to give you a bigger “bank” to use whenever and however you like!
Here is a Weight Watchers Freestyle FAQ that answers some more specific questions you may have.
- One of the big reasons Weight Watchers works is accountability. No one wants to go to a meeting and get weighed to find they gained weight for the week. So that usually helps you stay on track.
- Whether you join a free online group like Spark People, Facebook groups or Myfitnesspal, or you join with some local friends to hold you accountable this is super important.
Here are some more helpful links to help you be successful!
- MyFitnessPal Food Database (To find the nutrition values in foods without a label)
- Weight Watchers Recipes at Skinny Taste
Do you have any questions? Leave your question in the comment section below.
More Weight Loss Freebies
If you liked this post please SHARE! You can also sign up below for FREE updates: