This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no cost to you. As always, I only recommend links I personally use and love!
Apothecary Extracts sent me a bottle of their 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil. It got me thinking, what exactly is it and what can I do with it?
What is tea tree oil?
Tea Tree oil is a concentrated plant oil from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia (or tea tree). It is believed that the Aborigines of Australia used this oil in their medications for centuries. They inhaled the oils from the crushed leaves to treat coughs and colds, sprinkled the crushed leaves on their wounds and used an infusion of soaked leaves to treat sore throats or skin ailments.
See the list below for some of the amazing things this oil can do:
- Use it in a homemade natural deodorant.
- It can be used to freshen carpets.
- Relieves earaches; mix 1 drop of tea tree oil with 1 tsp. olive oil, drop mixture into the ear and then remove by tilting head.
- Apply after tattoos to avoid infection. Use undiluted, diluted with coconut oil or as a spray with purified water.
- It Cleans mold: Mix apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil and scrub mold; place outside to sun-dry.
- Use it as antiseptic on small cuts.
- Arthritis; Add 20 drops of tea tree oil to 2 ounces of grapeseed or other carrier oil. Massage into affected area 2-3 times a day.
- It treats ringworm.
- It treats psoriasis and other skin conditions.
- Make your own toothpaste with this homemade toothpaste recipe.
- Use it to remove skin tags.
- Use it to cure toenail fungus and Athlete’s foot.
- Removes ticks; just add to skin, and the tick will usually unlatch.
- Add 15 drops to a quart of water and use as an effective insect repellent.
- Use it to prevent lice naturally; just add a few drops to your shampoo.
- Use it to relieve chicken pox. Apply a drop of oil directly to blisters. Allow to dry, then dust with corn starch.
- Scalp Treatment, Mix a few drops of Tea Tree Oil into your favorite shampoo to break up product build up and excess hair oil.
- It can be used to treat acne.
- Use it to heal skin infections naturally.
- You can make an all-purpose cleaner: Fill a spray bottle with 1-2 tsp. of tea tree oil and the rest of the bottle with water.
- Helps heal and soothe sunburns.
- Toothbrush cleaner, Keep your toothbrush fresh and clean by applying a drop of Tea Tree Oil between uses.
- Has been found as an effective treatment for warts.
This is just a small sample of what you do with this amazing essential oil. Check out Apothecary Extracts on Amazon to buy some of their 100% pure pharmaceutical grade tea tree oil. It is 100% undiluted, and without impurities. Every purchase comes with a FREE eBook 50+ Uses for Tea Tree Oil.
Bonus: Apothecary Extracts is giving one lucky reader a FREE bottle of 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil! Enter to win below: