This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no cost to you. As always, I only recommend links I personally use and love!
Are you ready for a groundbreaking opportunity? Telly, the innovative tech startup founded by Ilya Pozin, co-founder of Pluto TV, has just made an exciting announcement. They are giving away ad-supported TV units, and you might be able to get your hands on a free TV! Let’s dive into what Telly has to offer and how you can secure your very own free tv.
Free Telly TV
Telly is set to revolutionize your television experience with their cutting-edge features. The Telly television unit boasts a stunning 55″ 4K HDR display, delivering crystal-clear visuals that will immerse you in your favorite shows and movies. It comes bundled with a 4K streaming stick, or if you prefer, you can connect your preferred streaming device such as an Amazon Fire TV Stick or Roku. The TV also features a built-in soundbar equipped with five drivers, working in harmony to deliver a captivating audio experience with a special focus on bass.
@guide2free Tag a friend who needs a free tv!! #fyp #free #guide2free #freetelly #tv ♬ original sound – Guide2Free
What sets Telly apart is its secondary integrated Smart Screen, measuring 9″ in size. On this screen, you’ll find permanent ads displayed on the right side, accompanied by an array of other tools on the left side. These include video calling, instant news updates, video games, a fitness studio, and more. Additionally, sponsored news feeds will be visible on the left side of the display. Interestingly, the content you watch on the primary TV screen will influence the ads you see on the secondary screen, creating a personalized viewing experience.
Free Telly TV Extra Features
But Telly doesn’t stop at being just a smart TV. It offers an array of features that elevate your entertainment journey. Let’s explore some of the highlights:
- Home: Telly’s Home feature acts as a dashboard on your TV screen, offering the latest news, sports scores, weather updates, and more. Telly’s AI goes the extra mile by suggesting content based on your preferences, ensuring you never miss out on exciting shows or movies.
- Video Calling: With a built-in camera, you can make video calls directly on the big screen, bringing your loved ones closer and enhancing your communication experience.
- Game Room: Telly comes preloaded with 40 different games, ensuring you’ll have a blast with a wide variety of gaming options right from your TV.
- Music: Utilize the powerful soundbar by accessing popular music services like Spotify, allowing you to groove to your favorite tunes and elevate your audio experience.
- ‘Hey Telly’ Voice Assistant: Take control of your TV effortlessly with the ‘Hey Telly’ voice assistant. Simply utter the magic words, and you can set timers, ask questions, and effortlessly navigate the TV’s features, making your interaction with the device seamless and convenient.
- Fitness: Telly offers free advanced motion-tracking fitness programs, enabling you to stay fit and active from the comfort of your living room.
The buzz around Telly’s innovative dual-screen TVs has been building since their campaign announcement in May. Now, the wait is over. Telly has started shipping their highly anticipated 55-inch 4K TVs, aiming to distribute 500,000 units by the end of 2023. With plans to expand even further in 2024, Telly is on track to redefine the television landscape.
How to Get a FREE Telly TV
Now that you’re excited about the prospect of owning a Telly TV, here’s how you can secure one of the 500,000 free units:
- Visit the official website of Telly and locate the section for free TV applications.
- Provide your name, email address, and phone number as requested on the application form.
- Following the application, you will be prompted to download the free Telly mobile app.
- Follow the instructions within the app to create your Telly profile, which will complete your reservation process.
If you score a Telly TV, make sure to tag @guide2free and show me. I’d love to see it!
What’s the Catch?
To receive this free TV, users must provide detailed demographic information and agree to let their data be used for serving targeted ads. Telly TVs also come with a sensor that detects how many people are watching. Adherence to Telly’s terms of service is crucial. If someone doesn’t abide by the TOS, Telly can demand the TV be returned or charge up to $1,000 to the associated credit card.
Telly’s Dual-Screen TVs: A Game-Changer or a Data Mine?
Telly’s unique offering of a free 55-inch 4K TV has certainly turned heads. But as with anything “free” in the digital age, there’s a catch. While the concept of watching ads isn’t new, Telly’s approach is. Their TVs come with a secondary screen solely for ads, and they’ve already started shipping these units.
However, the real cost might be your data. Telly’s model is built on gathering detailed user data to serve targeted ads. This data-driven approach isn’t just about what shows you watch. By partnering with Nielsen, Telly aims to provide advertisers with unique viewership insights, potentially reshaping the advertising landscape.
The Data Exchange: Is Your Privacy at Stake?
Before you even receive your Telly TV, you’re required to provide personal details, download their app, and agree to their data collection terms. This includes a survey to understand your preferences, forming an advertising profile about you. Dallas Lawrence, Telly’s chief strategy officer, emphasizes that their approach is transparent. They ask users upfront for their data and offer a high-value TV in return.
But there’s more. Telly TVs come equipped with a camera system, usable for video-conferencing, exercise apps, and motion-tracking games. While some might see this as an invasion of privacy, Lawrence assures that the camera doesn’t record or transmit data to Telly. It even ships with a physical shutter for added security.
The Bigger Picture: Smart Devices and Data Privacy
Telly’s approach is a reflection of a broader trend in the tech world. Many smart devices, from TVs to voice assistants, collect and sell user data. While Telly is upfront about their data collection, it’s essential to consider the broader implications.
What Should You Consider If You Request a FREE Telly TV?
Before jumping on the Telly TV bandwagon, it’s essential to weigh the pros and cons and understand what you’re signing up for. Here are some key considerations:
- Data Privacy: The primary way Telly offsets the cost of the free TV is through ad revenue, which relies on collecting user data. Before requesting a TV, understand the extent of data collection and how it might be used or shared with third parties.
- Camera Features: Telly TVs come equipped with a built-in camera system. While it offers functionalities like video-conferencing and motion-tracking for games, consider the privacy implications. Although Telly assures that the camera doesn’t record or transmit data without user consent, it’s worth understanding the controls in place.
- Terms of Service: Ensure you’re comfortable with Telly’s terms of service, especially the conditions related to data collection and the potential charge of up to $1,000 for non-compliance.
- Ad Experience: The secondary screen on the Telly TV will display rotating ads. Consider whether you’re comfortable with this always-on ad experience in your living space.
- Technical Specifications: Beyond the ad-supported model, evaluate the TV based on its technical merits. Does it fit your needs in terms of resolution, sound quality, and other features?
- Long-Term Use: Consider the longevity of the TV. How will the ad model evolve over time? Will there be software updates to improve the user experience?
- Feedback from Early Adopters: Before making a decision, it might be beneficial to wait and hear feedback from early users. Their experiences can provide insights into the real-world use of Telly TVs.
By carefully considering these factors, you can make an informed decision about whether a Telly TV aligns with your preferences and comfort level.
Michelle Harler is the founder of Guide2Free, a website dedicated to finding and sharing freebies, product testing opportunities, and other ways to save money. With over a decade of experience in the industry, her expertise in finding quality offers makes Guide2Free an invaluable resource for anyone looking to try new products and save money.