This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no cost to you. As always, I only recommend links I personally use and love!
Are you or someone you know in need of a computer but facing financial challenges? There’s an opportunity to apply for a free computer, thanks to a program called Computers with Causes dedicated to assisting various groups, including students, teachers, parents, the elderly, foster homes, shelters, disabled US veterans, struggling military families, and nonprofit organizations.
Who Should Apply
This program mainly focuses on:
- Students, teachers, and parents.
- The elderly.
- Foster homes and shelters.
- Disabled US veterans.
- Struggling military families.
- Nonprofit organizations with similar missions.
How to Apply for Free Computer
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the provided application form, explaining why you are a candidate for a gifted computer.
- Need Assessment and Background Check: The organization conducts a thorough need assessment, background check, and reference check to ensure that the help reaches those who genuinely need it.
- Patience is Key: The review process can take some time, often weeks, due to limited volunteer staff. Applications are addressed as promptly as possible.
- Effect on Current Benefits: If you’re receiving assistance like TANF, SSI, SSDI, Welfare, Food Stamps, etc., be aware that accepting a computer (as tangible property or financial assistance) might affect your current benefits.
- Response Time: If selected, you will be contacted within 30 days.
- Reapplication: If you don’t hear back within 30 days, you’re welcome to apply again.
- No Calls Please: The phone lines are dedicated to receiving donations, so they request that you respect this and refrain from calling.
This is a valuable opportunity for those who are facing financial barriers to accessing technology. By providing computers, the organization aims to support education, communication, and career development for individuals and groups in need. If you fit the criteria, don’t hesitate to apply and take a step towards bridging the digital divide. Remember, patience and honesty in the application process are key.
Michelle Harler is the founder of Guide2Free, a website dedicated to finding and sharing freebies, product testing opportunities, and other ways to save money. With over a decade of experience in the industry, her expertise in finding quality offers makes Guide2Free an invaluable resource for anyone looking to try new products and save money.