This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no cost to you. As always, I only recommend links I personally use and love!
Ah, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the comforting ambiance of a Starbucks. For many, it’s a ritual and a daily joy through the hustle and bustle. Yet, as we step into 2024, we find ourselves facing the reality of rising prices even in our favorite coffee haven.
Which drinks from Starbucks aren’t worth the price, and which ones are more affordable?
Today, we explore the Starbucks menu and take a look at the cost of each of the items. We rank its drinks from the least pricy to the most indulgent to help you pick a drink within budget. Read on for some of our pro tips for surviving the increase in Starbucks prices this year!
The Affordable Sips (Drinks Below $4)
What are the cheapest beverages in the Starbucks menu this 2024? Here’s an overview of the menu prices from California. Note that there may be price differences based on your region.
- Brewed Coffee: The Foundation of Starbucks
Our journey begins with the classic and budget-friendly choice – the brewed coffee. A staple in the Starbucks menu, this no-frills option promises a robust caffeine kick.
Here are the cheapest brewed coffees in Starbucks!
- Blonde Roast: Enjoy this mellow light roast coffee for only $3.45 for the short size.
- Medium Roast Pike Place: The smallest Medium Pike Place costs $3.45. It’s an affordable drink featuring a subtle nutty flavor.
- Decaf Roast Pike Place: Fortunately, the decaf coffee from Starbucks is cheap. It’ll only cost you $3.45 for the short size.
- Featured Dark Roast: Like the other brewed coffees, a dark roast is $3.45. It’s perfect for those who prefer a full-bodied robust flavor.
What I like about the brewed coffee is that upgrading these drinks to a tall size will only cost $0.10. Meanwhile, the grande size is $0.50 more expensive, and the venti is $0.70.
- The Espresso Macchiato: Tiny But Mighty
The espresso shot is the cornerstone of Starbucks, offering a straightforward coffee experience. You may buy this small shot of coffee with a dollop of milk foam for cheap.
Below are the prices for the espresso.
- Solo: A single shot of espresso at Starbucks is only $3.75.
- Doppio: When you get a double shot, it’ll cost an extra $0.40.
- Triple: A triple shot of espresso is $0.50 more expensive than the solo. This makes it cost-effective and affordable.
- Quad: For those who want extra shots, a four-shot upgrade is worth $1.
The best part about the espresso is that you can add syrup or milk to it for a minimal fee!
- Non-Caffeinated Drinks: For Kids at Heart
The non-caffeinated beverages are some of the most affordable on the menu. These drinks have an average of only $3.13. Still, they pack a punch when it comes to flavor.
Below are affordable non-caffeinated drinks to buy from Starbucks.
- Hot Chocolate: The Starbucks hot chocolate comprises of steamed milk, chocolate syrup, and cream. You may buy this classic for $3.25.
- Steamed Milk: Admit it, this drink was your go-to as a kid. Today, you can get almond, coconut, soy, or skimmed milk for $2.95.
- Steamed Apple Juice: This warm apple juice is fresh and not from concentrate. It’s also cheap at $2.95!
- Lemonade: Starbucks’s lemonade is zingy and refreshing. It costs $3.25 for the kid’s size and $3.95 for the tall one.
- Vanilla Creme: If you don’t want to drink coffee but still prefer an indulgent beverage, try the vanilla creme. You can buy this luxurious drink for $3.25 for the kid’s size.
Stepping Up the Flavor Game (Drinks Below $6)
As we navigated the Starbucks menu, we discovered a delightful array of mid-priced beverages. Let’s explore the blends that provide an elevated experience without breaking the bank.
- Not So Plain Coffee Drinks
In this section, we venture beyond plain coffee. Coffee beverages with added dairy in Starbucks costs an average of $5.03.
Here are some of the complex yet affordable selections you can find.
- Caffe Americano: Elevate your coffee experience with the Caffe Americano. This bold espresso with hot water is worth $4.25.
- Cafe Misto: The Cafe Misto is a harmonious blend of brewed coffee and steamed milk. A short size of this beverage is at a reasonable $4.25.
- Cafe Mocha: Indulge in the perfect marriage of espresso, steamed milk, and chocolate syrup. You can buy this delicious concoction for $5.95.
- Flat White: The velvety Flat White, at $5.95, is a crowd favorite. It combines espresso and microfoam for a creamy yet strong flavor profile.
- Iced Shaken Espresso: This iced coffee is a rich on-the-go drink. Experience the fusion of espresso, ice, and syrup for only $4.75.
- Cold Brews
Starbucks also has a line of delicious cold brews, all at a reachable price point! The average price for a cold brew coffee here is only $5.35.
- Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew: This drink is a smooth and sweet delight with vanilla syrup. You may have it for $5.75.
- Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee: The $5.15 classic iced coffee at Starbucks is worth the price. Starbucks handcrafts this drink in small batches and steeps it for over 20 hours.
- Cold Brew Coffee with Milk: This beverage is a creamy twist on traditional cold brew. Surprisingly, it has the same price as regular cold coffee at $5.15.
- Starbucks Refreshers
The Starbucks refreshers are a combination of fruit juices that quench your thirst. Below are some of the mid-priced cold drinks.
- Strawberry Acai Lemonade: The Strawberry Acai Lemonade is an eye-catching beverage you can buy for $5.75. It’s a delightful blend of sweet strawberry and tangy acai mixed with the zing of lemonade.
- Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade: This drink is a tropical paradise in a cup. You can buy this combination of mango, dragonfruit, and lemonade for $5.75.
- Dragon Drink: The Dragon Drink is a stunning beverage at $5.75. This vibrant and creamy beverage features the exotic flavors of dragonfruit and coconut.
- Pineapple Passionfruit Lemonade: This tropical fusion is perfect for a sunny day. You can get the Pineapple Passionfruit Lemonade for $5.75.
- Paradise Drink: Dive into a paradise of flavors with this refreshing and fruity concoction. The Paradise Drink is a concoction of pineapple and passionfruit you may buy for only $5.75.
- Tea Lattes
Savor the richness of tea lattes from Starbucks. These drinks offer a comforting balance of warmth and flavor for an average price of $5.55.
- Matcha Tea Latte: Immerse yourself in the earthy goodness of matcha combined with velvety steamed milk. The Starbucks Matcha Tea Latte is worth $5.55.
- Chai Tea Latte: This spicy and aromatic blend of chai and steamed milk delivers a flavorful experience. It’s worth trying for $5.55.
Indulgent Delights (Drinks Above $6)
Let’s now explore the most expensive drinks on the Starbucks menu – the Frappuccinos! These drinks are all worth more than $6 due to the addition of syrups and creams.
- Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino: This drink, priced at $6.25, is sweet, velvety, and creamy. It’s a combination of caramel, coffee, and cream, topped with crunchy sugar.
- White Chocolate Creme Frappuccino: The White Chocolate Frappuccino is worth $6.25. It’s on the expensive side considering it only contains chocolate sauce, milk, and cream.
- Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino: Delight in the fusion of mocha goodness and cookie crumbles. You can buy this rich and satisfying treat for $6.55.
- Espresso Frappuccino Blended Beverage: Elevate your frozen experience with a kick of espresso. The Espresso Frappucino is one of the most expensive Starbucks drinks, at $7.45!
Some of the most expensive items on the Starbucks menu aren’t drinks at all. Food from the famous chain can cost anywhere from $1.75 to $8.95!
Below are a few Starbucks snacks you may want to try.
- Bacon, Gouda, and Egg Sandwich: This sandwich features double-smoked bacon in an artisan roll. It’s a savory hot breakfast you can buy for $6.25.
- Spinach, Feta & Egg White: Explore the healthier side of a Starbucks breakfast with this protein-packed option. A simple wrap like this is worth $5.95 at Starbucks.
- Cake Pop: For those looking for sweet treats, Starbucks’ cake pops come in various flavors. You can buy this delightful treat for only $3.95.
- Impossible Breakfast Sandwich: This treat is a convenient and nutritious vegetarian snack option. You may get the Impossible Breakfast Sandwich for $7.15.
- Butter Croissant: This classic flaky pastry pairs perfectly with your favorite Starbucks beverage. One butter croissant will cost you $4.55.
Tips for Savvy Sippers: Starbucks on a Budget
Because of inflation and higher costs for labor, Starbucks continues to raise prices for its beverages.
Fortunately, there are clever strategies to enjoy your coffee without denting your wallet. Here’s a guide for savvy sippers.
- Embrace the Starbucks Rewards Program
Start by downloading the Starbucks app on your iOS or Android device and enroll in the Starbucks Rewards program.
This simple step opens the door to a world of rewards and exclusive offers. The Starbucks card translates into free items and discounts as you spend.
- Find the Optimal Portion
Before you buy a drink, consider how much you can consume in one sitting. You should understand the cost differences between sizes and pick the most economical option.
The Venti size often provides the best value for your money, with a lower cost per ounce. Meanwhile, small sizes are more affordable.
- Have the Right Timing
Here’s a pro tip. Keep an eye out for Starbucks’ Happy Hour promotions.
During these events, you can snag discounts or special offers on select beverages, making it the perfect time to treat yourself.
- Opt for Simple and Customizable Choices
Stick to the simpler drinks. The more complex the beverage, the higher the price. A classic coffee or tea can be just as satisfying without the extra cost.
If you want to try the pricier beverages, consider researching its recipe. You might be able to buy it for cheaper if you get the basic espresso and pay for add-ons.
- Bring Your Own Cup
Starbucks offers a discount if you bring a reusable cup. Not only is this an eco-friendly choice, but it also trims a bit off your final bill.
Remember, enjoying Starbucks doesn’t have to be a financial splurge. With these tips, you can navigate the menu strategically!
From affordable Blonde Roast to extravagant Frappuccinos, Starbucks caters to diverse tastes. You can buy its cheaper food items for less than $2 and drinks below $4.
Still, with the rise of Starbucks prices, finding cost-saving practices is a good idea.
You may start by joining the Starbucks Rewards Program, selecting portion sizes, and having strategic timing. Researching recipes and customizing your drinks is another option to try.
We hope our guide helps you enjoy the Starbucks experience without financial worries!
Michelle Harler is the founder of Guide2Free, a website dedicated to finding and sharing freebies, product testing opportunities, and other ways to save money. With over a decade of experience in the industry, her expertise in finding quality offers makes Guide2Free an invaluable resource for anyone looking to try new products and save money.