This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no cost to you. As always, I only recommend links I personally use and love!
In our digital era, there are still times when you need a physical copy of a document. Whether it’s for a tax return, a loan application, or just for organizational purposes, having a paper copy can be essential. But what if you don’t have a printer at home, or you’re looking to save on printing costs? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll reveal where you can get free copies near you, saving you time and money.
Ask Friends or Family
If you have a friend or a family member with a copier, consider asking them if you can use it to make copies. Out of courtesy, bring your own paper if you plan to make a lot of copies.
You might be able to use the copy machine at work. Of course, you need to check with your boss first. But, if you’re only making a few copies, then it’s likely that they won’t mind.
Your Apartment Complex
If you live in an apartment complex, there may be a small business center in the leasing office that includes a copy machine. You may be able to use this copy machine to make copies for free.
At a Hotel
Some hotels have a business center for guests to use. And copy machines are often available in these business centers, and sometimes they’re free for guests to use. If you’re traveling and you need to make free copies, then this is ideal.
University and College Campuses
Being a student has a lot of benefits, one of them is being able to print out free copies. Many university and college campuses allow you to print documents for free. You’ll need to be a student there, of course.
Local libraries aren’t just places to get free books. Some libraries feature copy machines and will allow you to make black and white copies for a small fee. This fee varies from place to place, so be sure to check with your library to see how much it costs to use their copier if they have one.
Many community centers, such as meeting halls for citizens, or local recreation centers, that are operated by the government or by non-profit organizations, have copy machines that the public can use.
If you don’t need copies right away, an easier (and in some cases, much cheaper) option would be to order copies online. Websites like Best Value Copy and Color Copies Today offer printing services online. You can also use apps like Genius Scan – PDF Scanner, CamScanner, and Google Drive to scan your documents and make digital copies.
Remember, availability may depend on your location and the specific document you want to copy. Now, you’re ready to get your documents copied for free or at a low cost.
Cheap Places to Make Copies Near You
If you can’t find any free options to make copies near you or just need copies made in a hurry, check out these low-cost options.
1. FedEx FedEx, once known as Kinko’s, offers copy and print services. You can copy and print, and you can also print digital documents and documents from the cloud. Plus, if you need to mail those documents that you make copies of, then you can do so with its FedEx shipping option. You can also order copies online and pick them up at your local FedEx store or get them sent to your home.
2. The UPS Store The UPS Store allows you to make black and white and color copies. There are more than 4,400 locations in the United States, so you’re sure to find one near you. You can go in-store to make black and white copies. Also, you can order your copies online and get them delivered to you or pick them up at your local store.
3. Staples At Staples, you can get color and black and white copies made. You can get color copies made for as low as $0.13 a page and black and white copies made for as low as $0.04 per page. So Staples is definitely one of the cheaper options for making copies locally.
4. Office Depot/Office Max Office Depot, which has merged with Office Max, is another place where you can get copies made near you. Black and white copies start at $0.09 a page, and color copies start at $0.42 per page.
5. Costco Costco is a great store to save money on everything, including copies. Some Costco locations, including Costco Wholesale and Costco Business Center, offer copier services. You can get color copies for as low as 15 cents and black and white copies for as low as 2.5 cents.
6. Sam’s Club Some Sam’s Club locations offer copying services. Through Sam’s Club Business Printing, you can get a range of items printed, such as brochures, flyers, and postcards. Prices vary, depending on the type of document you need copies of, and whether you need color or black and white copies.
7. CVS Pharmacy CVS Pharmacy provides copy and print services at more than 3,400 locations. You can copy and print documents or digital files at KODAK Picture Kiosks at CVS. You can get both black and white copies made.
8. Online Options Websites like Vistaprint offer prints for flyers, postcards, door hangers, signs, and much more. Their prices vary based on the size and quantity of prints you need.
Remember, prices can vary widely, so it’s best to check with a few of these local stores to do a price comparison, especially if you plan to make a large number of copies. Some stores also offer a discount if you print in bulk, so the price per page may drop if you print a lot of copies.