This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no cost to you. As always, I only recommend links I personally use and love!
How to Find Out If You Have Any Missing Money
Have you ever wondered if you’re owed any money that you’re not aware of? It might surprise you to know that millions of dollars in unclaimed funds are sitting in state treasuries, waiting to be claimed by their rightful owners. From forgotten savings accounts and utility deposits to insurance payouts and tax refunds, there are many different sources of missing money.
Try a FREE Search for Missing Money and see if anyone owes you money!! Just enter your name and to search all participating states to find your family’s missing, lost, and unclaimed property, money and assets.
I was surprised, I actually had $40 from an old account and my husband had money too. If you find money that is owed to you, just submit a claim and they will mail you a check.
How to check for Unclaimed Money
- Choose your state from the list below. (Check the state you live in PLUS every state you have ever worked or lived in)
- Enter your name and state (use all the names you have been known as, like married name, maiden name, etc)
- If you find one that you think is you, enter a claim
- After they verify, they will mail you a check
- Enjoy your unexpected cash!
Find your state (or state you used to live in)
Common types of unclaimed property include:
- Bank accounts and safe deposit box contents
- Stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and dividends
- Uncashed checks and wages
- Insurance policies, CD’s, trust funds
- Utility deposits, escrow accounts