This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no cost to you. As always, I only recommend links I personally use and love!
Free Apple Watch? It sounds too good to be true, but you just may be able to get your hands on one for free.
Are you looking for a way to get your hands on a brand new Apple Watch? Check this out! Biogen, a company specializing in neuroscience, is conducting a research study using their app Intuition and is offering a FREE Apple Watch to participants who meet the eligibility requirements. Not only will you get a new piece of technology, but you will also be contributing to important research on brain health and certain forms of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s disease.
If you’re ages 50 to 86 and use an iPhone 8 or newer, and live in the USA, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss.
About Biogen and the Intuition Study
Biogen is a pioneering biotechnology company specializing in the discovery, development, and delivery of therapies for neurological diseases. Their innovative app, Intuition, is being used to conduct a groundbreaking study aimed at identifying digital biomarkers to help measure thinking and memory in adults, as well as identify longer-term changes in brain health. Changes in brain health could be an early indicator of certain forms of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s disease, making this study an important step toward better understanding how to maintain and improve brain health throughout our adult lives.
How to Participate in the Intuition Study
Participating in the Intuition study is simple and entirely virtual. Here are the steps to get started:
Step 1: Download the Intuition App
Visit the App Store on your iPhone to download the Intuition app.
Step 2: Confirm Your Eligibility
Answer some questions in the Intuition app to confirm if you’re eligible to join the study.
Step 3: Complete the Onboarding Process
Complete an informed consent form and provide details such as contact information, demographics, and survey responses. You’ll also need to agree to share certain health information from your iPhone and Apple Watch as described during this process.
Step 4: Participate in the Study
Complete your first health and habits survey and monthly thinking and memory activity. Review the sensor device usage data that will be used during the study and agree to share it.
Step 5: Earn Your Apple Watch
If you earn enough points by the end of the study, you can keep the Apple Watch provided to you as part of the study. Points can be earned in many ways, such as regularly wearing your watch. Additional points can be earned by completing study activities in the Intuition app.
To ensure the study surveys and activities run properly, your devices must meet the following minimum requirements:
- iPhone 8 (released in fall 2017) or later running the latest version of iOS
- One of the following: Microsoft Windows computer, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or iMac, iPad
- Access to Wi-Fi or hardwired internet and web browser
- Active email address to create your account and for relaying study information
To be eligible for the study, you must:
- Be 21 to 86 years of age (currently only enrolling ages 50–86)
- Have and use an iPhone 8 (released in fall 2017) or later
- Have access to Wi-Fi or hardwired internet
- Have an active email address
- Have a compatible computer (Mac or Windows) or iPad
- Live in the United States
- Be willing to wear an Apple Watch, which will be provided, on a daily basis
Why Participate in the Intuition Study?
By participating in the Intuition study, you can:
- Earn an Apple Watch, plus up to an additional $280 in gift cards or charitable donations
- Contribute to important brain health research that can benefit you, your family, and your community
- Help Biogen learn more about how we can measure thinking and memory, as well as study longer-term changes in brain health
- Participate entirely virtually, with study activities mostly completed right in the Int# Participate in Biogen’s Intuition Study and Earn a Free Apple Watch
A Testimonial from a Participant
One of our readers who participated in this study shared their experience:
What to Expect from the Intuition Study
The Intuition study is a virtual research study that lasts up to 2 years. All study activities are completed mostly through the Intuition iPhone app and sometimes on a computer or iPad. Here’s what you can expect:
Contribute to Brain Health Research
By participating in this study, you can contribute to a greater understanding of brain health. The data you share by wearing your Apple Watch and using your iPhone can help researchers better understand how to measure changes in thinking and memory in adults, as well as study longer-term changes in brain health. This study may be an important step in ultimately helping us understand how to maintain and improve brain health throughout our adult lives.
Complete Study Activities and Earn Points
When you complete study activities, surveys, and challenges, you’ll earn points that you can redeem for up to $280 in gift cards or charitable donations. You can also keep the Apple Watch you receive if you earn enough points by completing activities during the study.
Intuition Study Tasks
Throughout the study, there will be activities that take approximately an hour a month in total to complete. Completing each activity will earn you points. Some of these tasks include:
Every Monday, you’ll get a new challenge asking you to close your Stand ring on your Apple Watch during the week.
Every month, you’ll complete a thinking and memory activity on your computer that will challenge your attention, memory, and ability to quickly process information.
Every 3 months, you’ll complete a Seasonal Challenge. This is a 2-week event where you can earn points for completing 2 activities, called Pattern Drawing and Memory Match, 3 times every day.
You may also be asked to participate in an additional virtual visit with a member of the study team to ask you questions about your brain health and complete an additional thinking and memory activity. This will take approximately 30 minutes and you can earn points worth an additional $20 for completing the virtual visit.
The next step is to visit the App Store on your iPhone to download the Intuition app. There are 2 ways to do this:
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone, point it at the QR code on the Intuition Study website, and then click the link that appears. This will take you straight to the Intuition app download page.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone and search for the word “Intuition.” Click to download the Intuition app, which you’ll be able to recognize from the Intuition logo.
If you score an Apple watch from this make sure to tag @guide2free and let me know!!